Thursday, March 13, 2014

                          SEQUENTIAL MOVEMENT (STOP MOTION)
                                                                                   Original Pictures

I was asked to choose a subject to study its movements and create an animation (stop motion) based on the subject using Adobe Premiere. Drawing is something that I'm not confident at all about so at first, I was very stressed out about this project. I wanted to choose a very simple movement and decided to draw the motions of a butterfly flying to a flower. Although in my head, I thought that this was going to be a fairly easy progress to draw a butterfly, but boy was I wrong. My teacher wanted the class to have 80-100 pictures of the movement and I was trying to see if I could figure out a way that wouldn't allow me to redraw a butterfly 80 times but I had no way out. The process was quite hard. Setting up the tripod was very time consuming, taking into consideration that it had to fit the drawing paper in the frame. This was a project that I had to do in one sitting, since it would be hard for me to do it on several sittings because the tripod couldn't be moved, and it would be hard to reposition it the same exact way it was before. I ended up having 60 pictures which I wished I had more but it just took up a lot of my time. In the end, I was very happy with the way the video came out because I played around with the effects in Adobe Premiere and decided to invert the colors to give it a cooler effect. I also learned how to put a title page and an ending page which added a nice touch to the final video!

No comments:

Post a Comment