Thursday, March 13, 2014

                                                     GRAPHIC NOVEL
                                            Back Cover                                                       Front Cover
Inside Pages
                  

I particularly really enjoyed this project because it gave me a lot of freedom to do what I wanted to do such as the way I wanted to express my story and the positioning of everything on the pages. To be honest, Adobe InDesign is my least favorite program to use because I feel that it's very limited on the things you can do, but this project allowed me to appreciate InDesign a little more. For this novel, I wanted my concept to be dreams, and I wanted to portray them in a series of photographs. Also, there are sayings where bad dreams occur because it's a way of letting the brain release tension and fears. I wanted to represent that by showing pictures of the fear of becoming someone who I wasn't. The pictures include me sleeping in the beginning, dreaming of loneliness, suicide, depression and me waking up in the end. I chose the beginning and end pictures to be in color because it represented reality while the others were all in black and white. In some of the "dream" pictures, I overlapped pictures of me tossing and turning to show that I was dreaming. I wanted to let the pictures speak for itself which explains why there isn't any text and I chose for them to be displayed in fragments because it really accentuates the pieces of my dream. 

No comments:

Post a Comment