Monday, May 12, 2014

                     FINAL TIME PROJECT
For my final time project, I was asked to create something that incorporated the concept of linear vs. non-linear time. Since I'm really interested in typography, I wanted to do something that involved words and writing. I decided to make a video of the concept of writing in a diary and focus on the strokes of written words and having the non-linear element as going back in time. This video shows parts of a diary entry, and the entry specifically talks about the waves at a beach since I think the motion of waves perfectly suits the concept of time. As the person describes the motion of the waves as going "back and forth", every time the word "back" is written, it goes back a day. Since the entry starts on July 11, 2013,  I stopped at July 7, 2013. If I were to make this video official, I would let the video keep on going back in time, but I just decided to stop on the 7th. In the end, I wanted to show that the process of writing in a diary begins again, just like a constant cycle, so I decided to end my video with a blank page of a diary. Overall, I think this video came out really successful since I think it portrays time well, and I really enjoyed editing it!

No comments:

Post a Comment